Thursday, May 30, 2013

My first blow up

This week has been lethargic, PET CT Scan, MRI, Blood Test, Dental Checkup and appointment after appointment. One hurdle to cross after another makes me exasperated. I woke up almost 6am every day and meet the doctors and dentist till evening 6pm, the waiting time is a chore and a good book helps just to deal with this Cancer. Seriously, it feels like a full time job except you don’t get paid by how small your tumor will shrink. I keep joking with my friends whom have kids that cancer is nothing compared to the children you are raising at your household.

The hospital mixed up my appointments yesterday, after I finished my Pet CT scan, I got 5 missed call from my oncologist, that’s when I know there is another follow up appointment back to back, at 11am from my PET CT scan which doesn't make sense,  

1) I was not even informed on this particular appointment with my oncologist. 

2) Mind you, I was still fasting from last night for my PT scan and they surely didn't think of giving me a break. 

3) I finished my PET CT at 12pm and the appointment is fixed at 11am?

I pick up the phone from my oncologist department and have my first blow up with the nurse on the phone. I reprimanded why they schedule appointment back to back without buffer and also, why was I not informed on this appointment? 

Poor nurse, sucking up my negative energy but the next day, I did have a diplomatic talk with the nurse whom schedules all my appointments. She admitted the miscommunication and apologize  I figure I was in the agitated moment and forgive her as she apologise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment