Thursday, June 20, 2013

Is side effect really side effect?

Before you receive chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment, you will bound to receive a lot of advises on how to “conquer” the side effects. It seems like we take in the negative aspects of the treatment too much,  thinking more harm and slowly regretting with my choices than realizing the impact of why this radiotherapy or chemotherapy is needed.

Sometimes you get so sick of listening to the side effects that the treatments can cause than comprehending what you are undergoing through is to cure this illness call cancer. To reduce the tumors, to purge the malignant cells out of the body, to recover from this piece of lump that has hijacked your life for a moment in time.

Thus, instead of focusing on the side effects, I choose to embrace the treatment, I embrace every ray of radiations that’s going to shrink my tumor, I embrace the toxic that is going to insert my body and cleanse the body for full recovery.

Regardless what the side effects are, whether the bad is overtaking the good, you still have a choice, to grumble and reject the treatment while you are doing it or accept it as a treatment that is going to cure you and welcome them with open arms, merge your body and treatment into one and, possibly, maybe, the side effects will be lesser.

Ultimately, isn’t this what life is all about, you embrace the life challenges, Maybe perhaps maybe, mind over matters, when you welcome this side effects in your life, then you’ll discover it is not as tough as you think, or in this case, cancer treatment isn’t as tough as what it seems. When life throws you a curve ball, you need to bounce like a tennis ball, with the determination and effort you put into the recovery, the tennis ball will bounce even higher to a greater height. That's where you see lights at the end of the tunnel.

For all you know, if you look hard enough, there is a word CAN hidden in the word CANCER which means I CAN and we CAN conquer the side effects in our life…

One day when the light is glowing,
I’ll be in my castle golden,
But until the gates are open,
I just wanna feel this moment...
I just wanna feel this moment...
I just wanna feel this moment...

1 comment:

  1. your attitude rock the world so hard! CAN-cer! CAN-cel! (Jaz)

    ReplyDelete