Monday, August 12, 2013

The end is only the beginning

This might be the last entry of my blog. I never expected to talk with my tumor or write a blog entirely about me facing cancer but then again who ever anticipate of getting cancer. I've always been very enthusiastic about doing cancer related charity especially in Children dying of cancer or Cancer Cure Research (from natural food sources) and I guess the best person to work in cancer related cause is to experience Cancer himself, that makes life even more interesting, isn't it?

My dearest grandma whom take care of me when I was a baby to an infant, died of brain Cancer, that’s why I’m in such fervor  I only wish I have experience this battle with cancer earlier and able to share with her and tell her that I really can empathize what she have gone through.

However, now I’m able to relate even more to other cancer patients, what they have undergone even though my kind of cancer is nothing compared to children and elderly whom are hanging by the thread. Every time when I saw them, I say a prayer and dedicate my kind and positive thoughts and wish them recover the soonest.

I know the end is only the beginning as the recovery takes longer than having the treatment, regaining taste, smell and appetite will take months or years. This is probably one of the greatest challenges in my life I’ve faced so far but knowing I've survived this “undying” experience battling from the treatment, it will definitely be a boost of strength and support. What’s more, life will always present other challenges, but knowing I’ve survived this battle with harsh cancer treatments will makes me feel more prepared in dealing with whatever challenges in front of me.

Even though the future might be vague for now, as I will only know if I’m totally cleared from Cancer through my MRI scan in 13th December, nonetheless, I’m confident to say that Cancer will not stop me from doing the charity work I aspire to do.

I was born in 8th of November, in my zodiac sign, Scorpio, beside Scorpion as a symbolization, I'm also encompassed by 3 other animals, Falcon, Serpent and Phoenix. Hence, in my case, in the ashes of suffering and pain, a phoenix is born. I have learn so much from my own suffering, however difficult it may be to understand, yet something positive and the kind blessings I've received help me to understand it. I might not have died from Cancer but I sure am reborn. And I’m not talking about flying higher than anyone but knowing how to fly after reborn, I know better where I want to go, what I need to do, lastly who is my “entourage” of friends I can fly with.

Regardless which month you’re born in, let’s repackage our experience and fly like a phoenix especially the one who suffers the most have the greatest gain and insight to see the future better.

Cancer didn't kill me, Cancer inspires me!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I was just reading up on your journey and had quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, thanks!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete